This is the best slow cooked pork I have ever made. There is a secret ingredient in this recipe. Read on to get the best slow cooked pork ever!
The best thing about having any leftovers (if there are any) the meat is so versatile for the beginning of other great meals. Try this in a baking bag, roasting pan or slow cooker. See links highlighted below for suggestions to use any leftovers.
Slow Cooker Bourbon Pork Shoulder Recipe
1/2 cup bourbon
1 3 lb pork shoulder bone in
1 cup applesauce
1 tablespoon granulated garlic
1 teaspoon each salt, pepper and oregano
1 cup apple juice
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 bag shredded cabbage
3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
aluminum foil or a oven cooking bag
1 roasting pan or slow cooker
Heat oven to 350 degrees or use a slow cooker for 8 to 10 hours.
Place the cabbage on the bottom of the (pan, baking bag or slow cooker works great too) and then place the roast on top of cabbage in the cooking bag or roasting pan. Add the bourbon, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, apple juice, soy sauce, olive oil, the spread applesauce on top of pork.
Place in preheated oven ( slow cooker 8 to 10 hours on low) or slow cook for around 4 to 5 hours at 350 degrees in the oven covered with foil. If roast looks like its getting dry add more apple juice.
Serve with roasted garlic potatoes and baked beans.
Other suggestions for leftovers:
- This freezes well so pack some away
- Great over white rice
- Add some brown gravy and pour over mashed potatoes
- Makes amazing cuban sandwiches
- Add some barbecue sauce to leftovers heat and serve on buns
- Use over a baked potato loaded with sharp cheddar cheese and bacon
- Use leftovers to stuff flour tortilla with then add toppings
- Great with refried beans, shredded leftover pork meat, sour cream and shredded cheese on top for a dip
- Use in chili
- Substitute for when recipes call for chicken or beef in any casserole